For The Stars

 (Guide: Stanza 1 refers to red and blue shifts as well as spectra, stanza 2 refers to the requirements to view red and blue shifts, and stanzas 3-5 refer to various aspects of stellar evolution)

For The Stars

A Poem by Savvy Sachsenmaier


Run to me with blue light,

And sail away with red.

Sing me songs of various waves,

Or write me lines instead.


Hide from me face-first

But if you feel inclined,

Orbit at a different angle

That will let me see the sides.


Fire and fury are born from gas

but one day they'll make gold.

If your heart is massive enough

It'll happen when you're old.


From cold dust you were born

And to the cold you will return.

But if you're very small

it'll be a slower burn.


Though in darkness you may dwell,

You'll rarely be alone.

Perhaps you'll have some planets

That'll call your star their home.


And though the endings will always come,

They're not always dark as night.

Some deaths are so luminous,

You can see them in daylight.






Comments

  1. This is a really neat poem! I liked how you incorporated Doppler shift into some of your stanzas, as well as stellar evolution. What inspired you to write a poem about stars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this! I think that is so cool to express emotion through something like space! I was wondering how you thought of this? I wish I could write something like that! Very fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment